Friday, July 24, 2015

The One Where I Say Thank You

Dear Friend,

I'm taking on some big shoes to fill. I'm writing this letter on behalf of expats who have spent time at home after being away for a significant amount of time. You've probably noticed a few things were different with us. Maybe it was easier or maybe it was harder. But I want to speak for the expat community as I extend a celebratory "Thank You!", complete with lots of balloons, glitter, and confetti because, well, you deserve it. Here's why.

1. Thank You... for all of those early airport runs, picking up your weary travelers, decoding our tired mumbles, and heafting our enormous luggage bags. The same goes for drop-offs and all that goes with it--lack of sleep, traffic, crowds, and the super fun maze that is short-term parking lots. 😱

2. Thank You... for your patience when we text you from three different numbers and iMessage you and you have no idea what occasion goes with what number... Because honestly, we have no idea either. ❓⁉️

3. Thank You... for not taking offense when we yawn from jet lag and fall asleep in the middle of lunch. It's not you, it's us... Really. 🍳🍴

4. Thank You... for feeding our obsession with Target and their magical $1 bins of stuff. And Caribou Coffee, because outside of the Midwest, those are pretty much as rare as talking rainbow unicorns. ☕️🐴

5. Thank You... for your friendship. It's hard, the goodbyes are awful, and we are grateful that you think we are worth the trouble. (I don't know about you, but fuzzy Skype calls and dropped connections are my idea of a good time--wait, I'm the only one? Yeah...) 💻📱

So, again, on behalf of my fellow expats, Thank You, for being you. We think you're pretty awesome, and I for one wouldn't be as mentally stable without you. 😂🎉👏🙌  

No comments:

Post a Comment